Tuesday, June 8, 2010

season finale of glee

Tonight will be the season finale for the Golden Glode Award-winning series Glee. And expect a tremendous musical songs.

The season finale episode was called “Journey” which represents the Glee kids’ journey throughout the season starting in the pilot episode where the New Directions won over Mr. Schuester (Matthew Morrison) and each other with a Journey performance (“Don’t Stop Believin’”). Mr. Schuester decides that singing Journey songs will be New Directions’ best shot at winning the Regionals.

Finn (Cory Monteith)and Rachel (Lea Michele) first performed a duet of “Faithfully”, then it leads to a mash-up of “Any Way You Want It” and “Lovin’ Touchin’ Squeezin’”, and then finally their signature song “Don’t Stop Believin’”.

The New Directions’ biggest rival Vocal Adrenaline performed next with Queen’s “Bohemian Rhapsody” with Jesse St. James on the lead (Jonathan Groff). At the same time, New Directions member and resident preggy Quinn (Dianna Agron) was rushed into the hospital and gave birth to her and Puck’s (Mark Salling) baby.

In the end, Vocal Adrenaline won. But despite their loss, the New Directions wanted to show their love for Mr. Schuester for everything he taught them. They performed “To Sir, With Love” which brought Schuester to tears. He then returned the favor by singing “Somewhere Over the Rainbow” with Puck.

Glee will return with its second season on September but re-runs will air Thursday night on FOX at 8/7c.

I will try to put up a link for the video of To Sir With Love from tonight’s episode of Glee. In the meantime, click HERE to listen to the studio version of the Glee Cast’s version of To Sir With Love. Lyrics below:

“To Sir With Love”

Those schoolgirl days
Of telling tales and biting nails
Are gone
But in my mind I know
That they will still live
On and on
But how do you thank someone
Who has taken you from crayons to perfume
It isn’t easy, but I’ll try

If you wanted the sky
I would write across the sky
In letters that would soar a thousand feet high
To sir, with love

The time has come for closing books
And long last looks must end
And as I leave I know
That I am leaving my best friend
A friend who taught me
Right from wrong
And weak from strong
That’s a lot to learn
What, what can I give you in return

If you wanted the moon
I would try to make a start
But I would rather you let me give my heart
To sir, with love

If you wanted the world
I’d surround it with a wall
I’d scrawl these words
With letters ten feet tall
To sir, with love

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...